The Best Apple
in the Bunch
Case Study: Mac of all trades
The Proof is in the Numbers: Success from the Start
Increase in Profit
Increase in Traffic
Increase in Transactions
Founded in 1995, Mac of all trades is the leader in buying used and selling refurbished Apple products online. The business got its start at a time when Apple Stores had yet to exist, and selling professionally refurbished Mac computers and hardware was in its infancy. Twenty-five years of Apple knowledge built a solid foundation that allowed the company to grow alongside the meteoric rise of the Apple brand.
Apple products popularity had given rise to an onslaught of formidable competitors in the Apple/Mac refurb space. The competition, which included Apple themselves, had raised the stakes and made gaining market share an incredible challenge. Mac of all trades lacked the time, resources and ecommerce know-how to build, market and manage a commerce site for maximum growth. Their online presence needed to outperform the competition on all fronts, including attracting new customers, engaging and educating site visitors, converting customers to buyers and encouraging repeat business.
- Dated site that didn’t properly represent the Mac of all trades brand
- Low conversion rates
- High bounce rates
- Decreasing organic ranking & traffic
- Lack of time, resources & digital marketing expertise
- Day-to-day site management and maintenance
- Low product inventory levels
“We have been working with Brand Labs for over 8 years, which shows our trust and confidence that we have in the company. We went from using Brand Labs for just web development to using them across all digital marketing aspects. They are always willing to take on new projects and deliver beyond our expectations.
Brand Labs became an extension of the Mac of all trades team. We took the time to learn the ins-and-outs of the Mac of all trades business model, their daily workflows, business systems and full product line. Our ecommerce experts built a marketing calendar that put the site on an organized and prioritized path to success. We developed an overarching digital blueprint with clear goals, objectives, strategy and tactics, which we then executed.
Communication is the key to any successful business relationship. With that in mind, Brand Labs implemented two things:
- Delivering monthly presentations to key Mac of all trades stakeholders, reporting on the previous month’s successes and areas for improvement.
- As the owner of the strategic direction of Macofalltrades.com, we communicated what we’d execute in the coming months to ensure that we met or exceeded established company goals.
This collaborative partnership approach between client and agency has proved highly successful.
Marketing Channels Managed
- Pay Per Click
- Affiliate Networks
- Technical SEO
- Content Marketing
- Email Newsletters
- Comparison Shopping Engines
Solving Issues by Issuing Solutions
Inventory Level Issue
Solution: Produced MacMeAnOffer.com
- Brand Labs created and promoted a separate site for Mac of all trades using WordPress to buy Apple products from individuals and companies.
Low Conversion Rate
- Built a fully responsive site for mobile, tablet and desktop
- Redesigned and organized how products and categories are displayed
- Custom landing pages
Our holistic approach of designing, developing, marketing and maintaining the Mac of all trades site coupled with our insatiable appetite for learning every aspect of their business made for an incredibly fruitful partnership. Check the stats.
Increase in Mobile Traffic
Increase in Mobile Transactions
Increase in Mobile Revenue
Increase in Ecommerce Conversion Rate
Brand Labs takes the time to learn our business and audience so they can customize every marketing campaign to best fit our company’s needs. Through their knowledge of e-commerce our business has been able to grow exponentially each year helping us to make the Inc. 5000 list in 2014 and 2015. The most unique thing about Brand Labs is they understand our business well. This enables them to leverage their marketing savvy to its fullest extent. We are excited to see what the upcoming year has in store with our partnership with Brand Labs!”